Portasol Repair Patch
The Portasol-Patch is an easy to use, self-adhesive and long lasting repair patch for a wide variety of automotive, home, D.I.Y, structural, sport, agricultural and general repairs.
The Portasol-Patch is an extremely durable fibreglass reinforced polyester that can be sanded, grinded, drilled, tapped and painted. It is waterproof, weather-proof, rot, rust, fire and impact-proof,while also being chemical and temperature resistant from -40°C to 200°C.
The Portasol-Patch sizes from 3x6" up to 6x9"
The Instant, Multi-Purpose Repair Patch
- The Portasol-Patch is an Instant, Multi-Purpose Repair Patch that is easy to use, self-adhesive and a long lasting solution for a wide variety of automotive, home, D.I.Y, structural, sport, agricultural and general repairs.
- The Portasol-Patch is an extremely durable fibreglass reinforced polyester that can be sanded, grinded, drilled, tapped and painted. It is waterproof, weather-proof, rot, rust, fire and impact-proof,while also being chemical and temperature resistant from -40°C to 200°C.
- The Portasol-Patch is a unique product that comes out of the package pliable, but after just 10 minutes of sunlight or UV light exposure becomes as hard as steel.
- The non-toxic patch will work on almost any hard surface including metals, fibre-glass, plastics and many more. The patch will not shrink or expand during application or when cured.
UV and Sunlight Activated
The product applications are endless and can be used across a wide variety of Industries and materials :
Automotive : Bumpers, Radiators, Rusted areas and Exhaust leaks, Fuel Tanks and Lines, Headlights, All kinds of automotive plastics, Clips, Fairings and Body components.
Home : Electrical & Plumbing repair and Maintenance, Baths, Showers, Plastic tanks, Pipes, Gutters, Windows, Doors, Furniture.
Hobby/ Sport/ D.I.Y / Marine / Agriculture: Sporting equipment, Canoes, Boats, Outdoor Furniture, Feed Containers, Water / Oil / Fuel tanks, Agri tanks, Barrels, Buckets, Industrial containers , Wood, Metal, Glass, Ceramics, Concrete, Plastics.
Other Applications Include :
HVAC – Condensate Pan & Drain Repairs, Duct Repairs / Construction – repairs and equipment repairs / Wheelbarrows, Buggies and Pushcarts
Outdoor Patio Furniture / Pipelines / Boat & Marine / Cargo & Freight / Electrical / Irrigation / Machinery / Plumbing
Pools & Spas / Solar / Roofing / Sheet Metal / Trucks & Trailers / General Utilities / Tanks / Campervans & Motorhomes
No Mixing, No Measuring, No Mess.
The Application Process
The extremely easy 3-step application process ensures the product is accessible to everyone, from D.I.Y enthusiasts to the handyman, automotive repair specialists and mechanics to plumbers, farmers, professionals and everyone else! The Portasol-Patch has endless applications and it could not be easier to use.
- Surface should be cleaned, dry and free of any contaminates. Cut the patch into any size you want, without exposing to UV / Sunlight. Place remaining material back in protective bag.
- Remove white backing tape to expose the sticky resin. Apply Quick Patch to repair area with sticky side down and press firmly.
- Apply patch then remove transparent film backing on the other side after application and expose to UV or Sunlight. Curing time depends on UV intensity, between 5 minutes (sunny) and 50 minutes (cloudy) or use a UV light indoors with a minimum of 51 lumens.
Just Peel and Seal, It's Simple!
- Easy application – just cut, peel and stick
- Flexible and Waterproof
- Weather and UV Resistant
- Temperature Resistant from -40°C to 200°C
- Extremely durable reinforced polyester/plastic
- Bonds to all hard surfaces except Polypropylene (PP)
- Can be drilled, tapped, sanded and painted in less than an hour
No shrinkage or expansion during the application or after curing
Fast curing (starting at 5 minutes depending on UV intensity)
- Curing Mechanism: Ultra Violet (UV), Natural or UV Lamp
Fire rating Class 1
Frequently Asked Questions
What tools do I need to apply the Patch?
No tools are needed, but the patch can be cut to a smaller size with scissors or a knife. If you’re applying the Patch indoors you will need a UV light with 51 lumens. (Available from Portasol also!)
What is shelf life of unopened package?
2 years from date of manufacture.
How long does it take to cure in sunlight?
Curing time depends on UV intensity – between 5 minutes (sunny) and 50 minutes (cloudy).
How long does it take to cure under UV lighting from a torch?
Using a torch of at least 51 lumens, the patch should be cured in 5 to 10 minutes.
Will it stick to any hard surface?
Yes, except polypropylene material or products.
What can I do with the Portasol-Patch after it has cured?
The Portasol-Patch can be drilled, tapped, sanded and painted in less than hour (depending on cure time needed).
Will The Patch shrink or expand during application or after curing?
No, the Portasol-Patch will not shrink or expand either during application or after it has cured.
Can the patch be returned back to original pouch?
Yes, the Portasol-patch will last 18 months if the patch is returned to the sealable pouch.
What is the shelf life of opened pouch?
1 hour when left out in open.
What is Portasol-Patch Patch made of?
Portasol-Patch is a made of a fiberglass reinforced polyester.
What temperatures will the Patch withstand?
The Portasol-Patch is temperature resistant from -40° C to 200° C.
Can the patch be used on wet surfaces?
Under no circumstances should the Portasol-Patch be applied in wet conditions or on wet substrates.
How should the Portasol-Patch be stored?
Prior to use store in cool, dry conditions (not more than 25° C) prior to use. Avoid storage near any heat source or sunlight. Always store material in its original packaging in a horizontal position. Boxed material should be rotated 180° every 30 days for optimum condition.
Is preparation of surface required?
Yes, clean suface is required.
What temperatures can the Patch withstand when cured?
-40°F (-40°C) to 392°F (200°C)
What sizes are patches available?
3" x 6" and 6" x 9"
Is uncured patch flammable?
Is patch adhesive harmful to skin?
No, simply wash hands with soap and water after use.
Can multiple layers be applied?
Yes, when additional strength is equired. We
recommend no more than five layers at one time,
letting each layer cure separately.
All guidelines, recommendations, statements, and technical data contained herein are based on information and tests we believe to be reliable and correct, but accuracy and completeness of said tests are not guaranteed and are not be construed as a warranty, either expressed or implied. It is the user’s responsibility to satisfy their-self with their own testing to determine suitability of the product for intended use, application and job situation. User assumes all risk and liability resulting from use of the product. We do not suggest or guarantee that any hazard listed here in is the only one which may exist. Neither seller, nor manufacturer shall be liable to the buyer or any third person for any injury, loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from use at, or inability to use the product. Recommendations or statements, whether in writing or oral, other than those contained herein, are not binding upon the manufacturer unless in writing and signed by a corporate officer of the manufacturer. Technical and application information is provided for the purpose of establishing a general profile of the material and proper application techniques. Test performance results were obtained in a controlled environment and Oglesby & Butler Ltd makes no claim that these tests or any other tests accurately represent all environments.
Cures Hard as Steel!
|Portasol Repair Patch