(According to GDPR - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION) 2016/679
Oglesby & Butler are committed to protecting our customer’s privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
· What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a Customer or Supplier and through your use of our website and online services;
· Where we obtain the data from;
· What we do with that data;
· How we store the data;
· Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
· How we deal with your data protection rights;
· How we comply with the data protection rules.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you register on our website, request or make a quote, participate in a survey or competition or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
a. Name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card or other payment details;
b. Information about your purchases of products and services;
c. Information about your use of our website;
d. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, calls, and social media;
e. Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or your IP Address.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
a. Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for;
b. Contacting you to receive a feed-back about our quote, product or service.
c. Credit card or other payment data: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes;
d. Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development or in order to deal with a dispute or claim;
e. Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
f. Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding new products or promotions via e-communications.
Only people aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimize over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
International Data Transfer
Oglesby & Butler operates businesses in multiple jurisdictions and we require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with EU law on data protection.
Sharing your personal data
a. Custom authorities;
b. Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as forwarder and express couriers, cloud service and e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
c. Credit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment
d. Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
· Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
· Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
· Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request transfer commonly known as a right to “data portability” enables you to take your data from us and transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
· Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Oglesby & Butler Ltd. Registered in Ireland No.99701- O’Brien Road, Carlow is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about Oglesby & Butler Ltd Customers and Suppliers.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|