Quality has always been regarded as being a Black and White issue at Oglesby & Butler Ltd.
Quite simply we are committed to becoming and remaining the world leader in the design and manufacture of high quality, gas powered, catalytic heat products.
A true testament to the quality of our products is, that having designed and manufactured the world's first ever gas powered catalytic soldering iron, the ‘Portasol Technic', that some 30+ years later it remains an integral part of our extensive range of products.
Having the world's largest range of TUV approved gas catalytic heat tools and being an ISO 9001 registered company since (January) 1994, we are acutely aware of the need to operate to a high professional standard in all aspects of our business.
We are committed to providing our customers with competitively priced, high quality, reliable products, on time and every time. We are committed to quality excellence as a way of life and recognise that this requires a never-ending process of improvement. This is not only limited to the products themselves but also includes our manufacturing and administrative systems, our people and our technology.
MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY FOR PORTASOL PRODUCTS.
This Limited Warranty does not affect your legal (statutory) rights under your applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products. Oglesby & Butler Ltd ("O&B") provides this Limited Warranty to the purchaser of O&B product(s) included in the sales package ("Product"). O&B warrants that during the warranty period O&B or an O&B authorized service company will in a commercially reasonable time remedy defects in materials, design or workmanship, free of charge by repairing or, should O&B at its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Product in accordance with this Limited Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased the Product provided that O&B have intended the Product for sale in that country. However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, and O&B originally intended the Product for sale in one of these member states, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all member states.
The warranty period starts at the time of Product's original purchase by the first end-user. The Product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by a different warranty period (hereinafter "Warranty Period"). The Warranty Period is One (1) year for the O&B device. As far as your national laws permit, the Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, O&B authorized repair or replacement of the Product. However, part(s) repaired or replacement product during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for Ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
How to get warranty service.
If you wish to make a claim under this Limited Warranty, please return you're Product or the affected part (if it is not the entire Product) to O&B or an O&B authorized Service Company. You can call O&B customer service (national or premium rates may apply) for further details on how to make a claim. Information about O&B and O&B authorized service companies can be found in the sales package, or on O&B websites. Any claim under this Limited Warranty is subject to you notifying O&B or a O&B authorized service company of the alleged defect within a reasonable time of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period. When making a claim under this Limited Warranty you will be required to provide: a) the Product (or the affected part) and b) the original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase and the product type.
What is not covered?
1. This Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party manuals, whether downloaded or included during shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by you.
2. This Limited Warranty does not cover a) normal wear and tear, b) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by prolonged exposure to the sun, by water damage, by bending, compressing or dropping, etc.), or c) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the instructions provided by O&B (e.g. as set out in the Product's user guide) and/or e) other acts beyond the reasonable control of O&B.
3. This Limited Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by O&B or was used otherwise than for its intended use.
4. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product has been opened, dismantled, modified or repaired (other than those repairs/replacements permitted by our instruction manual) by anyone other than O&B or an O&B authorized service center, if it is repaired using unauthorized spare parts or if the Product's date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of O&B.5. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
6. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product is returned to O&B or an O&B authorized service center and has any organic material in any devices, spare parts or accessories.
7. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the product is filled with the incorrect fuel such as Petrol, Diesel, Propane, Lighter fuel etc. Portasol Products are designed to solely operate on
8. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product is damaged in any way due to incorrect cleaning and maintenance.
9. This Limited Warranty does not include accessories and consumable spare parts (whether included in the Portasol device sales package or sold separately) unless otherwise stated.
10. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product is sold through an unauthorized Internet seller. All Authorized Internet sellers have a unique seller code provided directly from Oglesby and
Other important notices
If the Product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, O&B and its authorized service companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee. When repairing or replacing the Product, O&B may use products or parts that are new, equivalent to new or reconditioned. Your Product may contain country specific elements. If the Product has been reexported from its original destination country to another country, the Product may contain country specific elements that are not considered to be a defect under this Limited Warranty.
Limitation of O&B's liability
This Limited Warranty is your sole and exclusive remedy against O&B and O&B's sole and exclusive liability in respect of defects in your Product. This Limited Warranty replaces all other O&B warranties and liabilities, whether oral, written, (non-mandatory) statutory, contractual, in tort or otherwise, including, without limitation, and where permitted by applicable law, any implied conditions, warranties or other terms as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose. However, this Limited Warranty shall neither exclude nor limit
1) Any of your legal (statutory) rights under the applicable national laws or
2) Any of your rights against the seller of the Product. To the extent permitted by applicable law(s) O&B does not assume any liability for any loss of profit, loss of use of Products or functionality, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of revenues or loss of anticipated savings, increased costs or expenses or for any indirect loss or damage, consequential loss or damage or special loss or damage.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, O&B liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product. The above limitations shall not apply in case of gross negligence or intentional misuse of Portasol products or in case of personal injury resulting from O&B proven negligence.
NOTE! Your Product is a sophisticated device. O&B strongly encourages you to familiarize yourself with the user guide and instructions provided with and for the Product.
Oglesby & Butler Ltd
Phone: +353 5991 43333
Fax: +353 5991 43577